Sunday 16 October 2016

Grow A Beard

Although I have blonde hair, I am for some reason a bit of a hairy mammal. That said, it's not exactly gorilla like but I do have a lot of hair in a lot of places. (Sadly Not a lot at the top of my head!).
In the past I have had a goatee beard, moustache etc. that was quite fun. I was single at the time & it was very popular with the ladies. Now settled down, I often hate the thought of having to shave once (or sometimes twice) a day. So this task is simple, quick & easy. I am going to grow a beard & then publish on this page a 'Before & After' Shot.
Who Knows? - I may even keep the beard, buy a Volvo & wear sandals, grow my Hair long & become a Hippie!
Status: - DONE

From the net:-
"Those who know recommend letting a beard grow for a solid four weeks before even looking at it. The average beard grows about five inches each year, so it shouldn't take much longer to grow a some fine whiskers. Depending on how quickly the beard grows and how bristly the hair is, some time around the second or third week the hairs will begin to curl under and the grower will begin to scratch and wish he hadn't started with this stupid idea to begin with".
Some other great facts on growing a beard here -  Growing A Beard

Xmas 2006 seemed like as good a time as any to start this task.
With no work for over 10 days due to holidays, Laziness forced my hand.
Start Date - 22nd Dec. 2006. But, look, just a few days later & what do we find? -
there is some grey in there too!
The days came & went (as did the usual January 'Man Flu') till alas 21st January 2007 arrived - 4 weeks since 'beard birth'.
The general opinion is that it looked good, so for that reason alone, it had to go!.
On returning to work, no-one noticed it had gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment